DR. GEETANJALI CHAUHANnaveenhospital
DEPARTMENT:- General Surgery
NAME OF CONSULTANT/EMP.ID:- DR Geetanjali Chauhan
QUALIFICATION :- M.B.B.S.,M.S.,(GEN.SUR)
REG.NO. :- 53605
Dr Geetanjali Chauhan consultant General Surgery at Navin Hospital.she has completed her M.B.B.S from St.Johns Medical College Hospital , Bangalore India(1993-1999) & M.S.(Gen Surg) from , St.Johns Medical College Hospital Bangalore (560034) Karnataka, India (2002-2005) & DNB from St.Johns Medical College Hospital Bangalore (560034) Karnataka, India her Regn. No. is KMC 53605 . She has an extensive knowledge and expertise in her field and has been associated with Navin Hospital since 2019.
- Attending Surgical and Trauma OPD‘s independently as well as with consultants which involves communicating and dealing with patients and assessment of their surgical and trauma related ailments.
- Actively involved in all aspects of patients care including assessment, preoperative planning and post operative care of patients.
- Handling emergency room efficiently and independently.
- Participating in departmental academic activities and clinical meetings.
- Attended and active participation in specialist P.D i.e. Breast Cancer Clinic for patients with advanced breast malignancy- involved with pre and postoperative planning of these patients along with radiotherapists.
- As a senior resident and post graduate gained and have experience in taking care of patients in ICU and HDU.
- Delivered lectures to undergraduate MBBS students, nursing students, interns.
- Actively participated in all academic activities like Clinical case presentation, journal reviews, seminars, death reviews, etc.)
SURGICAL EXPERIENCE: - Post M.S.-9 yrs
Working independently as a Consultant at Kailash Hospital Greater Noida for past 3 yrs which is a level 2 referal hospital of this area and caters to a large amount of rural population and handling all types of surgical emergencies and polutrauma.
* (Having served at both level 1 and 2 surgical trauma centers and in rural areas primarily I am quiet aware and understand the mindset ,language and attitudes of common people which are key factors in establishing a good Dr-patient relationship essential for quality care in any health organization).
Assisted in almost all types of general surgical procedures. (minor surgeries to major procedures)
Minor surgical procedures -Biopsy, I&D’s, minor debridements and amputations,Excision of small swellings, circumcision. etc
Assisting various advanced surgical procedures like :
- Head and neck surgeries- parotid, thyroid, parathyroid and neck dissections.
- Breast surgery including WLE,BCS,MRM and reconstructive surgery of breast.
- Thoracatomies for trauma.
- Hepatobiliary and pancreatic surgery- cholecystectomies, hydatid cyst surgery,CBD surgeries, liver resections for tumours,Whipples.
- Exploratory laprotomies - emergency and elective.
- Intra abdominal Oncological surgical procedures- small and large bowel tumours,
- Trauma surgery including major intrabdominal surgery, thoracic surgery,
- Limb surgery- Complex degloving surgery,vascular trauma,minor and major amputations ,skin grafting,local flaps.
- Hernia and hydrocele surgeries, No scalpel vasectomies
- Nephrectomies and also experience in renal transplant surgeries.
- Underwent two day course on sonography in trauma.
ACADEMIC ACHIEVEMENTS / AWARDS:-
“Certificate of distinction in Pharmacology” in 2nd MBBS for securing above 75 % marks at University examinations.
“Certificate of Merit in Microbiology in 2nd MBBS for securing 70 -75 % marks at University examinations.SPECIAL COUSES ATTENDED:-
1.Underwent simulated training programme on ETHISKILLS in JUNE 2004
BTLS Advanced Course in June 2005.
2 . ATLS course both as student and instructor course for Doctors by ACS committee in trauma 17th -19th sept 2009 –currently a certified ATLS instructor.
3.Underwent two day course on sonography in trauma- AIIMS Ultrasound Trauma Life Support (AUTLS) Course on 5th-6th May 2011- currently a teaching faculty in the same.MEMBERSHIP OF PROFESSIONAL BODIES HELD:-Life member of I.M.A. (U.P. /3346/106/7/136316/2008-09/CL)
Life member of Indian Society of Trauma and Acute Care. ISTAC
Life member Society of Endoscopic and Laproscopic Surgeons of India .( SELSI-Memb No- 1688)
Life Member of Association of Surgeons of India (A.S.I.) –FL 1