Department Of Physiotherapy
They say “A physiotherapist has the brain of a scientist, heart of a humanist and the hands of an artist “
At Navin hospital we have the best trained physiotherapists to help you live a healthy life.
What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy, referred as Physical therapy, is a health profession where the treatment of the disease, injuries and any disability are handled by physical means. Physiotherapy reduces impairments and promotes mobility, strength and function through various therapies like manual therapy, exercise therapy and electrotherapy.
Physiotherapists are trained medical professionals who utilizes these therapies and exercises to treat any condition and enhance function helping the patients to recover fast. They examine the patient for their problems and suggest the best and most effective exercise and therapy for rapid relief.
Conditions that are treated under Physiotherapy are:
- Joint and Muscle Pain
- Cervicogenic Headache
- Back Pain
- Frozen Shoulder
- Joint Osteoarthritis
- Shoulder Impingement
- Cervical/ Lumbar Spondylosis
- Pre and Post-operative conditions
- Cerebral Palsy
Sports Injury treatment:
- Ankle Sprains
- Muscle Injury
- Shin splints
- Shoulder Injury/ Pain
- Joint Pain
- Therapy by mechanical treatment (Exercise, Massage and Pressure therapy)
- Acupuncture: To reduce pain and get a recovery some fine needles are inserted into specific points of the body.
- TENS (transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS)– a small, battery-operated device passes an electric current to the injured area to relieve pain.
- Non electric thermotherapy (Heating and Cooling, Hydrotherapy)
- Ozone therapy